Projektà ið dalies finansuoja
Community Initiative EQUAL in Lithuania
Project: FAMILY UNIVERSE: Family-Friendly Organization EQ/2004/1130-24/500
THE FIRST ENGINE FOR GENDER EQUALITY AT UNIVERSITY IN EAST EUROPE!
INNOVATION OF RECONCILIATION OF WORK, CAREER, STUDIES AND FAMILY!
The aims of “FAMILY UNIVERSE: Family-Friendly Organization” - to create and test innovative methodology and means for educational institutions, starting to reconcile family and professional life and trying to change stereotypical gender roles in the family and in the work.
· 40 employed young students, the ones who have families, who plan to start families in the future;
· 30 women who study and work in university with the purpose to improving their position in the labour market and achieving gender equality.
The main activities:
· Creating and testing the methods of reconciliation of work, career, studies and family at university;
· Remaking the timetable of employees (introducing flexible working hours);
· Introducing the distance work;
· Testing the effectiveness of distance/extramural studying;
· Introducing flexible timetables of studies for students with families, employed students;
· Introducing the carrying service at university;
· Introducing the social, legal, educational and counseling service desk;
· Carrying out and publishing manuals of reconciliation of work career, studies and family;
· Lobbying the new amendments to legislation of work, studies and social protection;
· Dissemination of good/bad practice and innovative means.
Transnational Development Partnership InGe – INTEGRATING GENDER EQUALITY
MpowerMen2men Denmark, Brandweer Van Binner naar Buiten Netherlands, Igualdader Spain FAMILY UNIVERSE Lithuania.
Id Code 4038
HYBRIDIZATION OF KNOWLEDGE, KNOW-HOW FOR EUROPEAN VALUE!
Incorporating knowledge, pre-know-how and innovative approaches of joint strategies for gender mainstreaming from different themes in the own projects in the countries involved:
· Sensitization of the existence of discrimination, Spain
· “…less talk, but more act, working with men”, Denmark
· “Keep your staff happy!”; “Keep your work easy going!”, Netherlands
· “Put the social dimension into the Higher Education of EU”, Lithuania.
THE RESEARCH AT UNIVERSITY DISCOVERED:
· We are workaholics;
· The target groups search family-friendly university vs opinions of the Heads;
· Needs of families are not privileged against work responsibilities;
· The lack of management competences of the Heads on the grounds of gender equality;
· The lack of spaces and time considering reconciliation at university;
· The lack of resources for career development.
WHAT WE DID?
· Systemic intervention into organization culture by gender mainstreaming at university;
· 2 distance classes + 10 e-learning courses + child care environment
· Qualified child care service;
· Insuring of kids in Child Care Centre by joint-stock company Bonum Publicum; ADDED VALUE BY BUSINESS COMPANY!
· Social, psychological, juridical and educational counseling and career advice introduced.
Contacts: Siauliai University, Institute for Gender Studies
P.Visinskis Str. 25, Siauliai LT-76351